Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Harlowe] Sound effect to play on click

Hi all. Sorry for another question for something that is surely basic.

I've tried following other guidelines on this forum and JavaScript/CSS/HTML tutorials, but can't quite get what I want to achieve.

I can fairly easily get audio to play in the background (haven't decided if that is actually wise) but what I WOULD like is for a small beeping sound to play on cue when the player clicks on a particular word in one passage (basically to give the impression that the word is a button).

By the way. Does there exist some kind of database or collection of snippets for this kind of stuff?

Comments

• As an update, I've managed to find a different way of achieving the effect I was after although it still wasn't what I was trying to do. I basically have set page to refresh on each click and the beep to go off on loading the page.

But if anyone still has an answer as to how to get the click itself to create the beeping sound, that would be appreciated. Thank you :-)
  • This was my final result. There are probably far more efficient ways to do it but this isn't a bad result :-)