Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Changing Passage Spacing in Jonah Format

I'm trying to adjust the passage spacing in the Jonah story format so that passages are displayed without any spacing, giving the text the appearance of a continuous story. I've added the CSS below to prevent display of passage titles and remove choices after player makes a decision, but the passages still have 2 lines worth of spacing between them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

#passages {
position:relative;
padding-bottom: 0em;
}
.passage {
background-color: #f8f8f8;
font-size: 1.75em;
line-height: 150%;
margin-bottom: 0em;
}

.passage .title { display: none; }

.disabled { display:none; }

Comments

• I am going to assume your choices look something like the following:
    <<choice [[Option 1|Target Passage 1]]>>
    <<choice [[Option 2|Target Passage 2]]>>
    <<choice [[Option 3|Target Passage 3]]>>

While your CSS is 'hiding' the choices after one is selected via the disabled class it is not 'hiding' their associated br elements which result from the line-breaks after each macro call.

The following CSS will also 'hide' the br elements, place it in your stylesheet after your .disabled selector:
    .disabled + br { display:none; }

note: I'm sure you are aware of this but by 'hiding' the passage title line you are also removing the readers ability to save their progress through your story. If your story is long you may want to think about adding some other means for them to save.
  • Thank you very much.