Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 2 Sugarcube sound effects not working on published file

Hello!

I've created my first twine game using sugarcube 2, and I decided to add sound effects. I have them loaded in a StoryInit passage like so: <<cacheaudio "crackegg1" "Sound/Crack Egg 1.mp3">>

They work perfectly fine in my game when I open it in my web browser on my computer. However, I sent the HTML film to a friend in an email, and he can play the game, but can't hear the sound effects. Does anyone know why?

The only thing I can think of is that the cacheaudio is pulling the files from my computer, which means if the game is play on another computer, the files don't exist, so the game can't load them in...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anything is unclear, let me know :)

Thanks!

Comments

• When you package up a Story HTML file to send to someone you need to also include any locally stored media files that are used within it.

One common method used to do this is to add the Story HTML file as well as the folder(s) containing your media files into a ZIP or RAR archive file.
  • Thank you! I ended up uploading all my audio files to dropbox and then including the URL links in my audiocache along with the MP3s. It work perfectly now :)
  • Any chance I could see the coding of how this looks? Thanks