Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I turn my game into an APK to put GooglePlay Store?

We were planning to make an interactive fiction game like "Lifeline" for Android. We made some researches and we found Twine. So we finished our story but we have problems. So I have 3 questions.
1 - We don't know how to turn our story into an APK to put GooglePlay Store?
2 - Our html based game will look different on each device. How we can set autoscale thing in our game to look alike on all devices?
3 - And we are thinking to put our game as one Free version with adds and one paid version without adds (Sorry for my English). But our researches showed that if we are going to use internet connection on our game we need to make a manifest thing. But we don't know in which stage we need to adds this manifest thing and how we going to do it?
PS: We almost know nothing about coding or making a game. But we think we have great stories on our mind and we made a lot progress just watching tutorials on the net. Now we stuck. If somebody can help us we will be very gratefull. :)

Comments

• Hi...

Those are so difficult questions, so I'm going to help you with the first one.

To make an Android version of a twine game you need Cordova.

https://cordova.apache.org/

If you don't have experience with programming, you can use then:

http://phonegap.com/

PhoneGap is just the same as Cordova, but Adobe has a paid service where they compile the apks for you.

One more hint: for autoscale the look of the game you need CSS resposive code. There are multiples examples out there, but I fear you will need to study about.

Good luck.
  • Hi,

about your autoscale question, I second @rubereaglenest suggestion to look into CSS responsive code.

I find this guide here to be quite easy to understand. I hope it helps.
    (You'll have to adapt it to Twine, but it is feasible).