Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

deleteAt function used in links (incorrect version of SugarCube?)

Hi,

I have an array of two items:
$interactingRaiders

I'd like to be able to display each item as a link and, if it is selected, remove the other item from the array. My code currently says (paraphrased):
you could do something or other with [[$interactingRaiders[0].name|Aggression Training][$interactingRaiders.deleteAt(1)]] 
or with [[$interactingRaiders[1].name|Aggression Training][$interactingRaiders.deleteAt(0)]]
(line break added to save scrolling in this question)

However, when I click on one of those links I get a pop up error message saying:
Type Error: state.active.variables.interactingRaiders.deleteAt is not a function

I'm using SugarCube and got the details of deleteAt from here but I note that the heading of that page is Sugarcube 2.x and when I click on my story format it says SugarCube 1.0.34 I'm wondering if that's the issue - that I'm using version 1 of Sugarcube and deleteAt only appears in 2? If so, how do I update it? If not, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• SugarCube 2.x can be downloaded from the download section of the main page of it's website. The instructions on how to install it are found in the Twine 2 guide section of the same website.
  • JamesB01 wrote: »
    I'm using SugarCube and got the details of deleteAt from here but I note that the heading of that page is Sugarcube 2.x and when I click on my story format it says SugarCube 1.0.34 I'm wondering if that's the issue - that I'm using version 1 of Sugarcube and deleteAt only appears in 2?
    Yes, that is the issue. If by "when I click on my story format" you're referring to the story format window, then that should also contain a link to the documentation for SugarCube 1.

greyelf has already covered where to find information on how to install SugarCube 2, should you desire to do that—I'd certainly recommend it.