Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 1.4.2 Quits

Hey,

I'm hoping to use Twine 1.4.2. I have it downloaded and it opens and does most things ok, at least as far as I can tell. But it mostly won't open the 'Twine' menu, except sometimes it does, and whenever I click any of the buttons that should let me choose fonts, etc, the program quits 'unexpectedly.'

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Which operating system (brand, version, edition, 32/64bit) are you using?

Did you use the Twine 1.4.3 installer to install the application or did you extract the program from an archive file?

The standard menu items (at least on Windows) across the top of the form window are: File, Edit, View, Story, Build, and Help.

Which 'Twine' menu are you talking about?

Do you mean the Edit > Preferences menu?
  • OS X El Capitan, 10.11.4.

I've a pretty poor understanding of technical matters ... I dragged the program into my HD and clicked on it to open. I didn't knowingly use a dedicated installer program and I don't know what an archive file is, sorry!

On my Mac version, the Preferences option comes from a menu that's just called Twine, to the left of the File menu. Sounds like it's a little different from the PC version.
  • This also happens on Sierra (10.12.1). I submitted a bug for it.

It may also happen on Yosemite.