Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get inventory systems to work with sugar cube?

why does this not work?!

Comments

• Yeah. You're going to have to give more details than that.
  • It keeps telling me that an error has occurred. where do I put the coding? on an unlinked passage?
  • Assuming whatever it is you're talking about is JavaScript, it should go within the Story JavaScript. That's a guess, however, since you haven't explained what "inventory system" you're talking about.
  • for Sugar cube format. I've tried all I can try. and this is a project Im doing for a class that is due by Tuesday so I really need HELP!
  • edited October 2016
    FoxFire wrote: »
    for Sugar cube format. I've tried all I can try. and this is a project Im doing for a class that is due by Tuesday so I really need HELP!

What version of TWINE? What story format version of Sugarcube? There's an inventory 'system' floating around on the forums - I don't recall the exact link.

I understand if you can't tell us specific points of your game - but we would need to know what you are having difficulty with - with code posting in [code] tags. And stuff like that. It does help us to narrow down the problem.
  • Twine 2.0. and the latest SugarCube. Because when I want to put,...I'll just say a weapon, in anInventory and then have the inventory show up, it won't and it says something about the Java Script not executing the code I put in in the passage for the inventory and well....It makes me want to kill Java Scripts.
  • Saying "an inventory system for SugarCube format" is not helpful. There are a few out there, with variants. There are also inventory systems for other story formats. Without knowing which one you are trying to use, specifically, we cannot help you very much. Do you have a link/URL to the inventory you're using—i.e. where can we find it?

For example, some of the potential problems that we cannot help you with until we know what, specifically, you're trying: Are you attempting to use an inventory written for another story format? Are you using an inventory written for SugarCube, but doing so improperly? Is the problem something else entirely?

You say that you're receiving an error. What is it, specifically I mean—word for word?

Also, versions. You say "Twine 2.0", but does that mean v2.0.11 or the v2.1.0b1 beta? You say "latest SugarCube", but does that mean, 2.10.0 or 1.0.34/1.0.35?

We want to help you, however, we cannot do so unless you give us specifics to work with.
  • its not the beta. Its the one before the beta. same with the sugar cube