Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine Game about Guilt, Doubt, and Heroism: Grofast Industries

Hey,

I've been working on a rather large Twine game for the past two years (probably better classified as an Interactive Novella). A lot of games tend to focus on what you do or what you say, but I wanted to experiment with a game where you also choose how you think or feel. It allowed me to create some pretty cool effects, like looking down at the floor instead of answering someone, or thinking and having the person you're arguing with exploit your indecision as weakness.

It's available now and includes an original soundtrack: http://download.brwarner.net/grofast

Here's the "back of the book" description:

After her partner's death in a gruesome metal mill accident, Jennifer Holdings, former sex worker turned steel worker, finds herself trapped between an encroaching union, an elected but stale board, her past, her future, the police, and the company president who she just so happens to be sleeping with. Surrounded by supposed heroes and polarizing rhetoric, can she find her own way? Can you?

A choose-your-own-adventure game about guilt, doubt, and heroism that focuses more on navigating feelings than deciding what comes next.

It's taken me about two years to develop. Let me know what you think!

Comments

• amazing project!
    I love how you highlighted the "see, do, go, think, say" actions.

The writing is really good.
  • I agree with @Melyanna about the link/action highlighting. I also appreciated the in-built volume control.
  • @Melyanna Thanks! glad you're liking it. I think that feature is part of the key that makes it interesting.
    @greyelf Music is tough in IF. Some people appreciate it, others find it ruins the reading experience. I figured I'd make it easy for both.
  • I haven't finished yet, but already... I have to say, I'm in love with it. The writing is fantastic, the world and characters are engaging. Would you be okay with me posting a full on review of this on a blog once I've finished?
  • I haven't finished yet, but already... I have to say, I'm in love with it. The writing is fantastic, the world and characters are engaging. Would you be okay with me posting a full on review of this on a blog once I've finished?

Yeah! I'm glad you're enjoying it and would love to hear your thoughts :D