Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine creates an empty Applications folder in my home directory each time I start it.

I am not sure if this is a bug or if I did something wrong.

Each time I start Twine, it creates an empty folder in my home directory. Funny enough it even sets the folder icon to be the same as the system Applications directory. Of course I delete this folder as soon as I see it. Some software (annoyingly enough) creates directories in my documents folder, but the home directory usually doesn't get polluted except for the usual "\..*"-files.

If Twine creates this on purpose (e.g. to store your compiled stories) - is there a simple way to change this?

Comments

• In my previous post - when I talk about the documents folder - it sounds like Twine would not create ~/Documents/Twine/Stories. It is created and that is not the problem. (Like I said, many programs choose to do so - even though I think the "Save As…"-solution to be preferable).

Besides: Is it a good Idea to use the extension HTML even though the story files clearly don't contain anything that would make them valid HTML according to the W3C? Why not call them "MyCoolStory.twinestory" which would make it possible for operating systems like Windows (which is the only one that really relies on extensions at it's core) - or most "modern" file managers for that matter - to automatically call the Twine application program, whenever you double-click on a Twine story file. This would be kind of what I'd expect.