Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiple StoryCaptions?

Yep me again, latest twine sugar cube 2 12
Wondering if multiple storycaptions were possible?

Comments

• Why do you need multiple StoryCaption passages?
  • Curious? Standard option things, Inventory, Stats, Menu, search area etc. I know i could do something similar by adding them through footer and header but i figured More side menus buttons would be convenient.
    I would like to get a little more into my game and then I may post it into the workshop for more critique but I am going more fighting fantasy/Dnd style.
    I thought adding multiple story menu options was a standard thing, but I realize now it may be more complicated than I would hope. Just means more to learn
  • It's is doable, we just need to better understand what you're after:

For example, are you talking about adding more stuff to the sidebar? Or adding more sidebars?
  • @Rokiyo
    More stuff to the sidebar
  • edited March 2017
    If you want more menu items on the sidebar then add more links to the StoryMenu special passage.
    [[Inventory]]
    [[Stats]]
    [[Menu]]
    [[search area]]

If you want to divide the rest of the side-bar area into sections then use ID'ed div elements to sub-divide the exiting StoryCaption special passage.
    <div id="section1">The content of section 1</div>\
    <div id="section2">The content of section 2</div>\
    <div id="section3">The content of section 3</div>

... your ID's should be something meaningful to your story.
  • @greyelf
    One last question! is it possible to do this
    "<<if ["Superhuman","Meathead","Agile"].contains($PlyrTrait)>>"
    In reverse? Checking to see if any variables contain the stored name as opposed to above.