Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to promote Twine any more ?

edited March 2017 in Help! with 2.0
Dear Twine team

I have been an evangelist for Twine among french teachers for two years. Organising some training courses and planning a little hackaton in Strasbourg for next 13th of may.
But all the recent releases of the 2.1 serie seem to be hoplessly bugged. I was unable to work with 2.1 on any of my computers. Using Windows 10, Windows 7 or Mint 18.1, french versions. Allways the same symptoms : I launch Twine, and it is unable to save any story after closing. On relauching, Twine freezes and the only way to quit is to relaunch the computer...

Quite a few users complained about the same problems. I made my own ticket in the issues folder. I was pretty shure an element of the problem is in translating the name of the folders in localized versions of Twine.
I hoped very much that with the 2.1.1 release Chris had brought a solution or advices to make Twine run properly.

I was very disapointed to see that 2.1.1 made no progress concerning those oddities. And so I am in great trouble about the future and all the promotion I have made for Twine. It's in no case an attack against the team releasing Twine, but a serious fear to publicly "loose my face" and be forced to cease pushing Twine. Please, help us continuing to present Twine as a good tool in schools.

My only solution for the moment is to stick on release 2.0.8... and to apologize for my poor english lacking the nuances.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hi, I'm french too,

And I solve the "story" problem by passing by the English version of Twine.
    I mean there is no big deal to have twine in english since this isn't affecting the codding.

I'm on Windows 10 64b. No problem of freeze etc... Maybe make a clean install.
    Don't forget to delete : C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Twine folder after deleting it.

Bonjour, je suis aussi français.

J'ai solutionné le problème de sauvegarde de l'histoire en passant sur la version anglaise de twine.
    Ce n'est pas trop un problème vu que cela n'affecte pas le code ou javascript ...

J'utilise W10 64b, aucun problème de freeze ou autre.

Une installation propre est peut être de mise.
    Ne pas oublié de supprimer : C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Twine après la désinstallation.