Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving passages around in the new version of Harlowe

As you may know, Harlow was recently updated with a new look. One side effect of this new look (for me, anyway), however, is being unable to move passages. I move passages around in my story to help keep things organized when I'm adding to it. Now, I am unable to move passages, and thus unable to continue my story because I cannot keep track of everything. So, here's my question.

How do you move passages around in the updated version of Harlowe, if you can at all? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I am assuming that to get the new versions (1.2.3 and 2.0.0) of Harlowe you had to also update the version of Twine 2 application you are using to 2.1.0, and based on the details in your question I believe you are describing the Twine 2's application new look not Harlowe's.

note: Harlowe is a Story Format and as far as I know the only part of the Twine 2 application that story formats can visually effect is the Passage Editor.

Could you supply the following information:

1. Which operating system (brand, version, edition, 32/64) are you using?

2. Which Twine 2 application (version, 32/64bit) are you using?

3. Are you using the install-able release or one of the web-browser based releases?

4. If using one of the web-browser based releases, which web-browser (brand, version, 32/64bit) are you using to run it?
  • This sounds like the issue from https://bitbucket.org/klembot/twinejs/issues/355/cant-move-box-in-latest-firefox . I've experienced this too; OSX 10.12.3, Firefox 43.0.4. No issue when using Safari.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    I am assuming that to get the new versions (1.2.3 and 2.0.0) of Harlowe you had to also update the version of Twine 2 application you are using to 2.1.0, and based on the details in your question I believe you are describing the Twine 2's application new look not Harlowe's.

note: Harlowe is a Story Format and as far as I know the only part of the Twine 2 application that story formats can visually effect is the Passage Editor.

Could you supply the following information:

1. Which operating system (brand, version, edition, 32/64) are you using?

2. Which Twine 2 application (version, 32/64bit) are you using?

3. Are you using the install-able release or one of the web-browser based releases?

4. If using one of the web-browser based releases, which web-browser (brand, version, 32/64bit) are you using to run it?

Oh, right, sorry. I forgot what Harlowe was for a second.

1. Windows 7 Professional, 64

2. No idea.

3. Web-based.

4. Firefox 52.0, 32
    Wraithling wrote: »
    This sounds like the issue from https://bitbucket.org/klembot/twinejs/issues/355/cant-move-box-in-latest-firefox . I've experienced this too; OSX 10.12.3, Firefox 43.0.4. No issue when using Safari.

Ah, so it's just a problem with Firefox? I guess I can switch for a little while.
  • 2. No idea.
    The Twine 2 application displays it's version in the bottom right corner of the main Stories screen.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    2. No idea.
    The Twine 2 application displays it's version in the bottom right corner of the main Stories screen.

It says 2.1.1.