Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulling data into a downloadable txt file?

New to Twine. Using Sugarcube 2.14.0

I'm a teacher creating a game where the student answers a series of writing prompts in <textarea> boxes throughout a story spread over multiple tiles. What I'd like to do is be able to have them be able to save or download the entry they made into the <textarea> as a .txt document so that I can view what they wrote while playing later on for grading.

Ideally, I'd like them to be able to answer a few writing prompts spread out over a series of tiles. If these multiple <textarea> boxes could be compiled and put into a final .txt file automatically upon completion of the game for a single download, so that I can review the answers later, that'd be amazing.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Comments

• Pretty sure that's doable, though not for the faint of heart—since it would require some significant JavaScript. Mostly leaving this here as a note to myself, so I get back to this.
  • That's fine. My rudimentary understanding of javascript is proving to be effective so far :)

Look forward to your reply.
  • Okay. I've thrown together a skeleton to start you off and attached it to this post—it's a Twine 2 story archive, which you import into Twine 2.
  • Thanks so much for your help!
  • @TheMadExile You will need to attach the archive file again. the forum software ate your homework! *smile*
  • For future interested parties. I'm reattaching the Twine 2 story archive I mentioned in an earlier post to this one, since the original was eaten by the forums.