Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probably a Dumb Question (about exporting a story)

I am a teacher and I have assigned my students to create simple stories using Twine. I did the same thing last year (with Twine 1.0) and am hoping that with Twine 2.0 there are no problems.

However! Whenever either I or my students "publish a story," we try to open the HTML file and are met with a blank, empty screen. I have tried this on multiple computers (all to no avail); I have also tried simplifying the file name (removing spaces), also with no successful results. I am not very good with computers, so maybe there is an obvious solution, but I don't know what it is.

Any suggestions? We were able to use Twine just fine, but after publishing to file, we were met with blank pages of white nothingness.

Many thanks!

Comments

• If you're opening the files from within the user documentsTwineStories directory, then that is your problem. The HTML files within that directory are your project data files, not the compiled HTML files which are generated when you publish. Assuming you're using the browser-based version of Twine 2, check where your browser is saving the compiled HTML files.

TIP: Never save to the user documentsTwineStories directory, as you could overwrite your project data files.