Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pryde of the X-Men: X-Mansion Exploration Game

Hey there, I'm Derek Metaltron and I'm starting my first game on Twine, which will be based on the X-Men franchise and let you explore the Xavier Mansion as Kitty Pryde. I'm taking lots of inspiration from Melissa Ford's 'Writing Interactive Fiction With Twine' book, so I'm hoping to be able to map out the entire mansion and the grounds and include good use of detail passages, random variables and hopefully some characters from some of the X-Men roster to interact with. It's a little ambitious but I'm hoping that I can create a fun experience both for a Twine User and an X-Men fan too. I'll see if I can't give some updates on here on how things are going to. I thinking of a window of about two months, depending on how complex I find the coding and map design.

Comments

• I'd love to play it :) Let me know when it becomes available for play :)
  • Sounds really fun! If you need a playtester, let me know~
  • Thanks guys! I'm currently electing how to approach the mapping out of the mansion and whether to design something to act as a map later, and also where to use variables to determine which X-Men might be on site or not. Though I suspect I focus on location first and characters later.

Probably the thing I'm looking forwards to creating the most is creating the character's rooms and seeing if I can give each a distinctive personality! And also because Kitty Pryde is able to phase through walls and objects, I'm hoping to actually utilize that in the game.

But definitely when it's ready or if I need a beta test I will let you guys know. :)