Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Python Twee2 cross compatibility.

I am not sure if this is a weird question or not, but is it possible to use twine and another program like java or python with each other? Like sharing variables between the two programs (not necessarily just python but is it possible with some other program?) Initiating one, doing something in game(program), that would initiate the other IE Twine and carry variables and changes across. This is really going out on a limb here, I haven't the slightest idea if this is possible and wouldn't be all too disappointed to find out it isn't.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hey, I had a similar question before. It turns out that you need to setup a web server like CGI and use JQuery AJAX code to call python scripts. My problem is that I gave up on experimenting with this. The latest SugarCube ver. 2.18 allows you to import external JS though. As far as I know Twine does not allow you to run other programs therefore it cannot start a web server, but I might be completely wrong here.

As far as I know Twine is written in Python. Maybe you could fork a build from Githib and add a plugin that allows you to run external programs using Twine.