Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine installation issues with windows 8

Hello,
I have been attempting to download Twine on my Windows 8 laptop but keep getting a message that only allows me to abort or retry the installation. I know that both the 1.4.2. and 2.0 are available for Windows OS so I don't see what the issue is in regards to why it refuses continuously to install. I appreciate any and all immediate input and guidance as I have a game I've been working on through my MacBook Pro but want to work exclusively on Windows with this. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Comments

• What does the message actually say, it may give us a hint as to why it will not install.
  • Hello,

Here is the message I get when I try to install 1.4.2 & 2.0: Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Twine\_hashlib.pyd. This message appears in a dialogue box and provides the options to retry, abort, or cancel. Thank you for your help and reply to easily reaching a solution as I am not good at advanced technical computer stuff so may need a step by step. Thanks again.

Best Regards
  • The error message is indicating that the installer is having problems creating files within the folder you have selected to install Twine into, this could be due to lack of permissions.

If this is the case then one possible way to get around this issue is to run the installer as an Administrator, to do this Right Mouse button click on the installer to open a context menu and select the Run as administrator option.
  • Hello,

Thank you for all your help, the program is up and fully operational. I'm not sure how I missed that step, it's so simple.

Best Regards