Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help With Sugarcube?

I have downloaded a story that was "Made with twine & sugar cube" I found the website for this but I had no clue how to use it. I just want to edit the story but I can't due to a "No story found" In twine. Help?

Comments

• There are two different Twine applications (1 and 2) and a game made with one cannot be imported into the other. Most of the older games were made using Twine 1.

A quick way to check is to either:
    a. Read the Twine version information in the HTML source code
    b. Try to import the HTML into the on-line version of Twine 2 and if it fails with that message then it is likely that the HTML file was built using Twine 1 and you will need to use it's Import > Compiled HTML file option.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    There are two different Twine applications (1 and 2) and a game made with one cannot be imported into the other. Most of the older games were made using Twine 1.

A quick way to check is to either:
    a. Read the Twine version information in the HTML source code
    b. Try to import the HTML into the on-line version of Twine 2 and if it fails with that message then it is likely that the HTML file was built using Twine 1 and you will need to use it's Import > Compiled HTML file option.

Ah this was why I was unable to do anything with a couple files I had tried to look at. Thanks!