Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not so random font changes, but why? (Harlowe)

When testing my story, everything remains as courier, but when I test in a browser, anything using <p> or <br> suddenly changes fonts. Any idea why or how to stop that without having to go through and edit out/stop using that syntax?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Sorry I should list an example:
    Someone runs down a hallyway. You call out.

<center>(either: ("$yourName<br>Hey!"),("$yourName<br>"Have you seen my sandwich?!"))</center>

The figure stops and turns, revealing a businesswoman with the head of a moose. Suddenly, her eyes turn laser red and fire at you.

The part that changes is between the <center> brackets. In other areas I do this and it's fine. When I remove the <br> it remains the correct font. Any idea what's up?
  • Did you test your example because I noticed that you unnecessary wrapping each parameter of your (either:) macro in brackets and that the second parameter contains three double quotes which results in a Unexpected identifier error. I use the following to run my tests:
    (set: $yourName to "Bobo")

Someone runs down a hallyway. You call out.

<center>(either: "$yourName<br>Hey!", "$yourName<br>\"Have you seen my sandwich?!\"")</center>

The figure stops and turns, revealing a businesswoman with the head of a moose. Suddenly, her eyes turn laser red and fire at you.

Your example also left of one important bit of information, that being exactly how are you setting the font to courier. I used the following CSS:
    html {
    	font-family: courier;
    }

I tested the above on Windows 10 using Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge and all text appeared in courier.