Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing game on pc when created on mac.

edited November 2015 in Help! with 2.0
I wrote my game on Twine 2.0.8 on my Macbook Pro. Whenever I try to play it online on a PC (opened with the published .html file), I get bugs that do not normally exist. The bug where I get stuck is in a simple click hook. The hook will not activate. Whenever I play it on my Mac I have no issues. Does anyone have any idea what is going on, or what I can do to make it playable in other formats?

Comments

• It's unlikely the issue is a PC-Mac thing. HTML is a standard format used by Internet browsers, mainly. So, if you're using, say, Safari on a a Mac and Chrome on a PC, then you're experiencing the frustration ever Web developer faces, differences in how the browsers adhere to the standard.

If you're willing and able, go ahead and upload the HTML file here. Or, copy and paste the troublesome code.
  • As stated by Sharpe an example of the code would be very helpful.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you are some how using characters that are supported by one OS and not the other.
  • Here is the file. In playing around more I am finding that I have my touchpad set to tap click. If I try to use a hard click, the live hooks do not activate. Just a heads up. I deleted the undo/redo buttons, and I have the fight passages set so if HP falls below 1 you get sent to a death screen. Near the bottom of these passages just delete where it says (live:)[(if:$hp<1)[(goto:"death screen")]] and you should be able to view the passage in the debugging view. Thanks for all of your help. I have only been using Twine for a few days now.
  • I am not sure why you keep adding a body element to your passages, nor why you are using php expression evaluators.

I looked at the girlA fight passage, and besides the fact that each of the (live:10s) macro calls are missing there associated hooks and you have a (live:) macro without a delay value, you are trying to create thirteen (live:) macro timers in a single passage.
    Are you aware that timers can interfere with the Reader's ability to interact with the story, especially ones that are firing every 15 milliseconds (around 66 times a second).
    You may want to redesign how that (and any similar) passage works.