Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to set my first condition- not working. Help!

I ran the debug window and everything showed up the way it was supposed to EXCEPT both of my If statements are supposed to split off into two seperate passages, depending on the sort of answer that is provided in the previous passage. Please help, here is the final passage that should pop up as seperate options, depending on what someone selects in the previous passage. Let me know if you need more code:

(if: $minutesDigging is 10) [Screening for artifacts isn't quite what you had in mind, you'd prefer to switch over to digging.]

(if: $minutesDigging > 10) [You've been screening soil for $minutesDigging minutes. Unfortunately, since you're in fill, this layer of dirt is pretty tough to get through. You hit your shovel into the ground several times, hauling out a new shovel-full of dirt and tossing it into a bucket. When the bucket is full, someone else dumps the soil into a screen and gives you an empty bucket to refill. You think this is pretty fun at first, but after the first bucket of soil you feel your arms growing weary from the labor.]

Comments

• You have an invalid space character between your (if:) macro and it's associated hook [...], removing the space character will result in your code examples working.
    (if: $minutesDigging is 10)[Screening for artifacts isn't quite what you had in mind, you'd prefer to switch over to digging.]

(if: $minutesDigging > 10)[You've been screening soil for $minutesDigging minutes. Unfortunately, since you're in fill, this layer of dirt is pretty tough to get through. You hit your shovel into the ground several times, hauling out a new shovel-full of dirt and tossing it into a bucket. When the bucket is full, someone else dumps the soil into a screen and gives you an empty bucket to refill. You think this is pretty fun at first, but after the first bucket of soil you feel your arms growing weary from the labor.]

• woowoo! party!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was staring at the code for a hour, watching the tutorial again and again not understanding what I did. thanks!