Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Twine be made portable?

I am trying to teach students in my class about games and how to make them. I wanted to run Twine on the computers that we have, but wanted to avoid the red tape of asking the technicians to install it.

Is there a way to make the Twine package portable so that the students could take it with them to any PC and continue their work?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Luke Stowe

Comments

• If you copy the contents of the folder/directory you installed Twine 1 into (as well as all sub-folders/sub-directories) on to an External drive then they should be able to run the twine (twine.exe on Windows) application contained within that folder/directory on another computer as long as that computer runs the same brand of operating system.

I would suggest that they also save their Story Project TWS files onto the same External drive.

eg. If you installed the Twine 1 application into a folder/directory named C:\twine then you would copy that folder to the external drive.
  • Thank you Greyelf for your reply. I will give this a try and see how it goes!

:)