Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to make choice appear after a certain amount of time has passed.

Hi, I am extremely new to Twine, CSS and HTML coding. In fact, I just started last week. I am trying to make the choice buttons in a passage appear, after, let's say 50 seconds, or more have passed.

Basically what's happening is that my Twine is extremely Video heavy, and I want to be able to control the viewing experience of the user. The user opens a passage, the video auto-plays, but the user has to watch the video till the complete end, which is why I want to have upcoming choices come up after either the video is done playing, or a certain amount of time has passed.

I was trying to mess around with some visibility ques in the CSS stylesheets, under the passages & passages.a, but had no luck.

Any insight in the matter would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• You need to state which Story Format you are using when you ask a question, as answers can be different for each one.

A. Sugarcane, Jonah, & Responsive:
    Try using the <<timedcontinue>> macro that comes with the Leon's Combined Replace Macro Set.

B. SugarCube 1.x:
    Try using the <<timedcontinue>> macro that comes with the <<replacelink>> macro set that can be downloaded from the Downloads -> Add-ons section of the SugarCube 1.x website.

C. SugarCube 2.x:
    Try using the built-in <<timed>> macro.
  • If you're using the <video> element, then another possibility would be to have a handler listening for the video's ended event. The handler, upon receiving the event, would reveal the post-completion choices.
  • Hi guys, thanks for the answer! Sorry, I should have specified that I am using sugarcane. I appreciate the quick responses. Will mess around with it as soon as I get a chance.