Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Harlowe] Purple links

Hi everybody,
I was trying to create a maze in my story and I saw passages you already read were indicated by purple links instead of blue ones. I know you can deactivate functions by editing the story stylesheet but I don't know anything in CSS. Do anybody know how to prevent links to already-seen passages from turning purple?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• I think this should work. Open "Edit Story Stylesheet" and paste this:
    tw-link.visited { 
    	color: blue;	
    }

• Thanks but the hue of blue isn't the same (it's far more darker) and the visited links still turn magenta when highlighted.
  • I see. Well, I gave you that small snippet because I thought it would help show how the CSS works. Fortunately, the fun thing about learning CSS is taking a piece of code, breaking it, then trying to fix it to see how it works. My understanding is that you want all links to look the same at all times (including during mouseover). In which case, you could try this:
    tw-link {
    	font-weight: normal;
    	text-decoration: none;			
    }

tw-link:hover	{ 
    }

tw-link.visited { 
    }

tw-link.visited:hover { 
    }

tw-link.click	{
    }

.enchantment-link {
    }

.enchantment-link:hover {
    }

.enchantment-link.visited {
    }

.enchantment-link.visited:hover {
    }

I learned this from Furkle's Twine 2 Harlowe CSS tutorial. I hope it helps! (P.S., I hope you're using Twine 2 and Harlowe. I assumed.)
  • According to screenshots and Photoshop, normal links are R48-G76-B228 and highlighted ones are R22-G175-B255
  • If you want to choose a consistent colour, use a hex chart. It doesn't have to be blue. Then you can change the CSS like this:
    tw-link {
             color: #000000;
    }

The hashtag and six numbers indicate a colour. #000000 happens to be black. Just paste the hex code you choose into the CSS, instead of "blue".
  • The Harlowe -Changing color of text when hovering over a link that leads to a previously visited passage thread contains examples of the four CSS selectors used by Harlowe to control the look of the different types of link.

The default non-hover / unvisited link colour is #4169E1