Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't seem to edit the visual of tw-link.visited and tw-link.hover [2.0] [Harlowe]

edited August 2016 in Help! with 2.0
Hi everyone

Making my first ever little Twine as a prototype for a potential point-n-click game and am struggling with changing the tw-link.hover and tw-link.visited visuals in the CSS Stylesheet.

As it's a detective-style game there's a lot of going back-and-forth so having the default purpleish visited links is ugly and misleading.

aL934xR.png

tw-link.hover
{
border-bottom: solid #ffffff 2px;
color: #ffffff;
}
tw-link.visited
{
color: #666666
border-bottom: solid #666666 1px;
}

In-game though the links always appear cyan when hovered over and purple when visited. Looked at a number of forum answers and Harlow tutorials already but I can't spot where I'm going wrong.

Help would be appreciated!

Comments

• The first issue is that hover is a pseudo-class (not a class), which means it has a colon and not a period at the start of it's pseudo-class name.

The second issue is that your .visited class's color property is missing a semi-colon at the end of it. You also don't need the tw-link part in the selector because it is defined as global class.

The third issue is that there are two different types of links in Harlowe, the tw-link element based ones and the enchantment-link class based ones.

This comment in the Harlowe -Changing color of text.... thread describes the four standard states of Harlowe links which are: normal, hover, visited, and visited:hover

Your CSS example should look something like:
    tw-link:hover, .enchantment-link:hover {
    	border-bottom: solid #ffffff 2px;
    	color: #ffffff;
    }
    .visited {
    	color: #666666;
    	border-bottom: solid #666666 1px;
    }

• Ah! Fantastic thank you. Some of that is my lack of understanding and the rest is stupid mistakes. Cheers!