Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Removing blank left margin after removing Sugarcube UI

Arg. I realize that this has already been discussed, but I'm not getting the results I want.

Using Sugarcube 2 and Twine 2, I've removed the Sugarcube UI on the left side with:
$('#ui-bar').remove();
$(document.head).find('#style-ui-bar').remove();
But my text is still indented one third of the screen towards the right. The blank space where the UI used to be remains.

How do I get rid of it?

Note that
body {
margin-left: 3.5em; /* or 0em */
}
Has no effect. What am I doing wrong, thanks?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    You should always state the story format you're using and its full version, because advice will tend to vary based on that information.

If you're using a recent version of SugarCube v2 (≥v2.17.0), you're better off using the API for removing the UI bar, UIBar.destroy(). It's more comprehensive than what you're using now.

Anyway. Removing its stylesheet should have removed the changes it makes to the core styles which reserves space for it, so that should have worked. I can only assume you're either referring to the centering of the #passages container element or using a custom style which is causing it. To see if it's the former try the following:
    #passages {
    	margin: 0;
    }

That will remove the centering of #passages.

If that doesn't resolve it, then you'll need to show your custom styles because nothing in SugarCube is causing it.
  • Thanks, MadExile!
    After various updates, I got to Sugarcube 2.18 and your suggestions worked like a charm. (I need to be more precise in my postings AND remember to keep an eye on the Sugarcube release thread.)