Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

External URL links disappear when clicked

I am trying to add a link to an external URL to one of my passages. Here's an example:

Layout of the overview could be a vertical "stacking" display like
(link:"this.")[(open-URL:"http://www.cogentrogue.com/ITS/index.html#/id/58a8ef490d854e5c054825d6";)]//

When the user clicks the word "this" the link opens in a new tab as intended. But the word "this" also disappears until the page is refreshed. Any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• You need to state the name and full version number of the Story Format you are using, as answers can be different for each one. Based on the syntax of your example I will assume you are using Harlowe, I will also assume you are using the current default release which is v1.2.4

As stated in the (link: ) macro's documentation, that link type is single use/selection only and results in the link text being replaced with the visual output of the associated hook.
    Note that this particular macro's links disappear when they are clicked

Because you want the link to be select-able multiple time I suggest using the (link-repeat: ) macro instead.

note: Due to a bug in the forum's software which reformats URLs wrapped in code tags I had to wrap the above example in quote tags instead, this is why your own example has a smiley face in it.
  • That worked. Thanks!