Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Twine 2.1.3] The content keeps repeating in different parts of the story passage

For some reason, when I click the Play button, all of the work I did gets messed up. It will display the content, but add a copy of the content on different parts of the story passage. Even when I changed the story format, it still happens.

See: (Harlowe 2.0.1)
QoPRk9K

6aM4QHG

WSseght

(Snowman 1.3.0)
giVdXpM

Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Sorry, I clicked Preview, thinking it'll still display the images, but it didn't. Here you go:

See: (Harlowe 2.0.1)
    QoPRk9K

6aM4QHG

WSseght

(Snowman 1.3.0)
    giVdXpM

Edited: Is it just me or I can't see the images I posted here?
  • I can still right click and open the images in a new tab, so I can see what you mean. That's definitely odd.

I think we'll probably need to see your code. What's in the offending passages? Do you have anything in header/footer/startup tagged passages? Any weird (display:) macros running around?

Could be a weird bug, but it's best to rule everything else out first.
  • edited May 2017
    As @Chapel stated we need to see your Story Project to determine what may be happening. You can either:

A. If this is your only Story Project then use the Archive option on the Stories screen to create a project archive HTML file.

B. If you have multiple story projects then use the Publish to File option within the Story Passage Map screen to create a story HTML file.

Once you have done one of the above then upload that HTML file to a file hosting web-site (like MEGA, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc...) and then either.

A. If you don't mind everyone having access to your project then post the link to the hosted file in a comment in this thread.

B. If you want to keep the project private then Personal Message either Chapel or myself with a link to the hosted file.
  • edited May 2017
    To Chapel: I didn't use (display:) macro. If anything the coding is pretty simple. I just started messing around with Twine again when this happened. There's no real story, just testing on appearance of the game. About the header/footer/startup, I did try to add a header and footer image in the past, but it didn't work. The header image did repeat-x, but it ended up in the middle of the layout.

Here is the link to it: philome.la/nguyen_v_h/practice/play

I did upload it to Dropbox first, but when I try to play it, it's all black and nothing is happening. I don't know if that part is important, but I wouldn't mind using Dropbox as a way to back up my works in the future. I guess I could just download the game without having to play it if I have to.

Edited: I also have another problem, but I was wondering if I should put it in a different thread or not. But it's not quite the same as the problem I presented here. It has to do with using Twine in the broswers.
  • The story HTML file you referenced in your last post contains two Passages, and one of them contains all the content shown in the first three images from your original post. Based on that fact it makes sense that it all appears on a single page when you run the story.