Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to save as zip/html file

Hey guys,

I'm using twine online on a Macbook Pro and have finished my story, however when i click publish to file it just opens up a new window with what looks to be like lots of text coding. I have tried to save the page and upload it here.

How do I save it as an html/zip file? As you may have realised, I'm not the most tech-savvy person and I apologize.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Try copying everything into a text file and saving it with the extension '.html'. Which I imagine is what you did, because that's what it looks like you did. But something went wrong in your version, somehow.

I don't know what the problem is, but it seems like your version isn't encoded properly. So when I download your version and open it in a text editor it looks like this:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Navigating job security</title>

When I copy/paste it into my text editor, I get this:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Navigating job security</title>

When I save my copy of the file with a .html extension, I got the attached file, and everything appears fine. The copy I downloaded doesn't work, though.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you used a word processor instaed of a text editor or something somewhere along the line? I don't know. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it.

I don't know if your story is ready for release or if you want it floating around here, let me know and I can delete the attachment if you want. I just wanted to show you it was working for me after a copy/paste...for some reason.