Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to use images imported from files

Hello! I'm currently working on two stories (both with Sugarcane), and both of them will contain a large amount of images --even if they're added only when necessary, what with drawings taking a good time to make--. On one of said stories I can use the [image [imagename.png]] syntax just fine, but when I use it on the other... well, it doesn't work. The letters don't even turn red in warning or nothing.

In case what I explained wasn't clear (bad English!), here's a visual:

undefined

undefined

Notice how there's no arrow connecting the passage to the image.

I also tried importing from URLs despite this option not working at the moment, to my knowledge. It went as well as you'd imagine.

So yep, I'd appreciate some help with this issue. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Try replacing the spaces in both the image passage title and the link reference with dashes:

eg. re-title the passage to: buttersplosion-wip-001 and change the link to be [img[buttersplosion-wip-001]]
  • I tried that (rather changing the title in a similar fashion), but nope, doesn't work either. Thanks though!
  • Your example link [image[buttersplosion wip 001]] is wrong, the format of an image link is [img[image-passage-title]].

P.S. You should always state which story format you are using when asking a question, answers can be different for each one.
  • Odd... I could swear I always used 'image' and it worked just fine. Hmm. But it works now, so thank you - and sorry about that!

(my apologies for this as well, but I must also correct you on your PS; I did state in the very first post that I use Sugarcane for both stories. :0 )
  • EmiAlvi wrote:

(my apologies for this as well, but I must also correct you on your PS; I did state in the very first post that I use Sugarcane for both stories. :0 )
    My bad, sorry! *smile*