Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Sugarcube] Game stuck on "Initializing. Please Wait" on Chromium

Hi, a weird issue, I got this message when I try and load the game from sites. It worked fine when loading the game from localhost.

It doesn't work with Chromium, it does work with Firefox and Internet Explorer. Here's the test version (about 2 MB download) (have to fix other things as well): http://nsnstudios.itch.io/this-is-it

Comments

• It works fine in Chrome for me.  What's the developer console show?
  • notnsane, this is unrelated to your actual question, but you might want to think about putting up an epilepsy warning on your start screen. Twine isn't really a platform that photosensitive folks traditionally need to worry much about, you know? :)

From this thread, "you do not [legally] have to put in a warning ... but it would be nice if you did".
  • Heh, as someone who is photosensitive, the default white on black of Sugarcane makes me feel extremely uncomfortable already, so I avoid reading most Twines that don't use CSS styling. (I can't even watch a movie in a darkened room, for example, let alone read white on black text)
  • TheMadExile wrote:

It works fine in Chrome for me.  What's the developer console show?
    Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read the 'localStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.(anonymous function) @ index.html:115(anonymous function) @ index.html:117
    Weird. I think I have everything enabled in settings...

Found the culprit: http://d33v4339jhl8k0.cloudfront.net/docs/assets/53e3251ee4b0240feb80a528/images/54379d69e4b008d4ba040015/file-Rw44c8LNwv.png

Is this a SugarCane bug or it's intended? It's weird it needs that disabled.

[quote]notnsane, this is unrelated to your actual question, but you might want to think about putting up an epilepsy warning on your start screen. Twine isn't really a platform that photosensitive folks traditionally need to worry much about, you know? :)

I won't put a warning in the game no matter what (breaks the experience), but will put one in the game's description, thanks! Good call.
    As you can see, I don't use Twine in the traditional way, for me it's just a tool that I tweak to my needs =)

• I can't see that.  Summarize or post it somewhere else?

EDIT: Nevermind, I used an image proxy.

notnsane wrote:

Is this a SugarCane bug or it's intended? It's weird it needs that disabled.

No, it's not a bug in SugarCube.  It's likely because of how the site you're using is serving the compiled file.