Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I display a clickable image in the ui bar in sugar cube format.

On my first screen, I want to display a picture on the ui-bar that links to the next page. It's not necessary, but I think it would look nice. I don't know if I can accomplish that with my CSS sheet. Can it be done?

Comments

• You could put an image link, and an <<if>> macro to limit it to the first passage only, like the following in the StoryCaption special passage (or perhaps StoryBanner, your post is a little scant on details so I'm unsure where you were looking to put it in the UI bar):
    <<if turns() is 1>>[img[image.png][Some passage]]<</if>>

That will display the image link on the first turn only. If you wanted it to display whenever the player went to a specific passage, regardless of the turn, then you'd change the <<if>> to look something like the following:
    <<if passage() is "Some passage">>[img[image.png][Some passage]]<</if>>

• edited May 2015
    That would work, if I wanted to display the image on the screen with my story pieces, but I am wondering how to have it show up on the panel to the left of the story. I have figured out how to take elements out (saves, restart) and set the background image, but I don't know how to add elements to it. This is specifically for Sugar Cube format.
  • The StoryCaption special passage mentioned by TheMadExile display its contents within the side-bar (the panel to the left), which is why TheMadExile (the developer of SugarCube) suggested you use it.
  • What greyelf said. The content of the StoryCaption special passage is placed between the UI bar header (which contains the banner, title, subtitle, and author subsections) and menu sections. If you want it in the UI bar, but someplace else, then you're going to need to give some details.
  • I got it now. Thanks guys. I am very new to all of this.