Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Permanent Image in Sidebar. Harlowe

Hey

I've put together a story in Twine 2 Online and have been struggling to put an image in the sidebar.

The Image wouldn't change just be a logo of sorts through every passage.

I've seen ways to try it with HTML but I haven't had much luck getting it to work.

Can anyone help clear it up a little for me please?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• You mention Harlowe above. But Harlowe doesn't have a sidebar natively. If you created one by using a <div>, then you would simply have to add the image as a background image to that div through CSS.

If you are using SugarCube, I think you can start a new passage called "StoryCaption" and add images to that passage using the info from the following page.

That should display an image in the "side bar".
  • edited May 2015
    I'm on my phone waiting for food but I think Harlowe does actually have one. It's where the back button is, as far as I know.

Ah, yes. The CSS selector is "tw-sidebar" without quotes.

This is just off the top of my head. Not done any CSS for a long time. I think this might work:
    tw-sidebar {
         background-image: url("image.jpg");

}

Where "image.jpg" is your path to the image

Again, post from phone not at home off the top of my head.

EDIT: ^You put that in the stylesheet, if that wasn't clear.

I'm home and I checked it out. That does display an image there, but there's still the arrow and I'm not sure exactly how to widen the box. Maybe with margins and stuff, normal CSS junk, but right now I can't get into it.