Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Harlow 2.1.1] There is something wrong with the editing passage

So I was using Twine 2.0.0 until it stopped displaying colours. And then for some reason it wouldn't let me copy and paste through keyboard and instead I had to manually copy and paste with a mouse. But for some reason when I did that, it forces the layout of the passages to move right against the left side of the layout. Which was annoying since I needed to copy and paste to the right side of the layout.

So I decided to uninstall Twine. Then reinstall it with Twine 2.1.1 and this happens: the edge of the left of the passage window has this bar with dots on it.

7Psswub.png

Is this intentional? I checked with the other formats and all it is is that the text is forced to be close to the edge as possible.

faMb59N.png

The reason I'm asking for help is that I like being able to see my text and code, but with that sidebar thing, I can barely make out what is the first letter or symbol. I was wondering if it's just me or there are others who are affected by it. My temporary solution is to switch to another format to edit, then switch back to play the game.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Hi, a bug report has been submitted on this issue, as detailed in this thread. Because of this, and the highlighting being hit-or-miss, I dropped back to Twine 2.0.11 for the time being.
  • Denny: Do you have the download link for that version? This issue is driving me mad!