Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for coders for project

Hi Twiners, I'll try keep this brief. (TL;DR at the bottom)

I've been using Twine for all of a week, which definitely ranks me in the Extreme Noob category.
What I do have is immense experience in creative writing and a degree in Marketing.

I was brought to Twine because of my love for Lifeline, a game released not long ago by 3 Minute Games and written by Dave Justus using (you guessed it) Twine.
The game features a stranded astronaut communicating with the player via a text-message like platform.
Never before have I played a game that, simple as it is, inspired such emotional attachment considering its platform.
It proves without a doubt (in my mind) that compelling story with drama, suspense, shock, joy, love and - perhaps most importantly - genuine humour, trumps all.
It is why gaming as a device for emotion was invented in the first place. Like any art it is a delivery method for experience and emotion. When we lose sight of these factors we end up with games beamed directly from the wankbank of Michael Bay’s imagination: completely lacking in anything other than artificial realism in regard to aesthetic and over-powering visual.

And with Lifeline a passion for text-based games was born.

I am immensely interested in exploring this new emerging genre whilst injecting something unique to the fray.
But I am ridiculously limited in my coding abilities.

So what I am looking for is a small team (or one talented partner) that can help code this project.
Without going into too much detail, we'll be releasing a unique story in a text-messenger based platform with a few new twists and edges that were never seen in Lifeline or any games like this before.

I believe we can push this new genre of gaming to new and hitherto unexplored plateaus.

So if you have any skill in coding for apps, games and especially Twine and loved Lifeline the way I did, get in touch.
Lets have a chat and see if we can make something awesome!

TL;DR
Looking to push the text-messenger based gaming platform (introduced most prominently recently by Lifeline) to its next plateau of potential. Writing and unique marketing handled, in need of a team (or talented partner) to help in the development of the coding of this project for commercial release on iOS and Android.

Let me know here, by private message or by email at wyntreva@gmail.com :)

Cheers,
Nathan

Comments

• Wyntre wrote: »
    Hi Twiners, I'll try keep this brief. (TL;DR at the bottom)

I've been using Twine for all of a week, which definitely ranks me in the Extreme Noob category.
    What I do have is immense experience in creative writing and a degree in Marketing.

I was brought to Twine because of my love for Lifeline, a game released not long ago by 3 Minute Games and written by Dave Justus using (you guessed it) Twine.
    The game features a stranded astronaut communicating with the player via a text-message like platform.
    Never before have I played a game that, simple as it is, inspired such emotional attachment considering its platform.
    It proves without a doubt (in my mind) that compelling story with drama, suspense, shock, joy, love and - perhaps most importantly - genuine humour, trumps all.
    It is why gaming as a device for emotion was invented in the first place. Like any art it is a delivery method for experience and emotion. When we lose sight of these factors we end up with games beamed directly from the wankbank of Michael Bay’s imagination: completely lacking in anything other than artificial realism in regard to aesthetic and over-powering visual.

And with Lifeline a passion for text-based games was born.

I am immensely interested in exploring this new emerging genre whilst injecting something unique to the fray.
    But I am ridiculously limited in my coding abilities.

So what I am looking for is a small team (or one talented partner) that can help code this project.
    Without going into too much detail, we'll be releasing a unique story in a text-messenger based platform with a few new twists and edges that were never seen in Lifeline or any games like this before.

I believe we can push this new genre of gaming to new and hitherto unexplored plateaus.

So if you have any skill in coding for apps, games and especially Twine and loved Lifeline the way I did, get in touch.
    Lets have a chat and see if we can make something awesome!

TL;DR
    Looking to push the text-messenger based gaming platform (introduced most prominently recently by Lifeline) to its next plateau of potential. Writing and unique marketing handled, in need of a team (or talented partner) to help in the development of the coding of this project for commercial release on iOS and Android.

Let me know here, by private message or by email at wyntreva@gmail.com :)

Cheers,
    Nathan

I would like to help you. If you looked at my website, www.kieronrana.com especially at the beta of 'The End' you might see if you like how I code. 'The End' will be my latest project, so focus on that more than the other games. I have a friend who has agreed to draw the images of the game, and there will be sound effects and videos.
    Also, I could possibly help with some of the story. I like being creative and stuff, and after finishing 'The End' I will probably try to write a comic. If you would like me to help you, tell me, because enjoy coding and making games. I (obviously) can do twine, and have used Scratch - even though I don't actually class that as 'real' coding - and I've done limited bits of javascript before.