Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarcube stories not working anymore

I was working on my story with no issues. Then I opened the file today and whenever I tested the story, this came up:

image.png

Near as I can tell, this has to do with the save system, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Why would you think it had anything to do with the save system? Nothing of the sort is mentioned.

It's due to a change in Chromium/Chrome v45 which intentionally breaks the HTML5 History API for files opened via the file:// scheme, as noted on these forums in this post from the SugarCube releases thread (among other posts about it).

A workaround is already in place. If you're using the version included with Twine 2, then you'll have to wait for the next Twine 2 release to get it. If you've installed a local copy of SugarCube, then just upgrade to the latest version.
  • When I switched story formats from sugarcube to sugarcane (to see if it was a problem was an error I made or something wrong with sugarcube), it said something about not being able to save the story. In any case, upgrading did solve the issue, thanks.