Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarcube stories not working anymore

I was working on my story with no issues. Then I opened the file today and whenever I tested the story, this came up:


Near as I can tell, this has to do with the save system, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?


  • Why would you think it had anything to do with the save system? Nothing of the sort is mentioned.

    It's due to a change in Chromium/Chrome v45 which intentionally breaks the HTML5 History API for files opened via the file:// scheme, as noted on these forums in this post from the SugarCube releases thread (among other posts about it).

    A workaround is already in place. If you're using the version included with Twine 2, then you'll have to wait for the next Twine 2 release to get it. If you've installed a local copy of SugarCube, then just upgrade to the latest version.
  • When I switched story formats from sugarcube to sugarcane (to see if it was a problem was an error I made or something wrong with sugarcube), it said something about not being able to save the story. In any case, upgrading did solve the issue, thanks.
Sign In or Register to comment.