Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transitions aren't working

Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on Twine. Before I left, transitions worked, but now for some reason they don't. I wasn't doing anything convoluted I swear, I was just trying out the sequence on the Harlowe manual:
(transition: "pulse")[Gleep!]
and literally nothing happened. I tried out all of the other transitions and still got nothing. A bunch of the text-style strings aren't working for me either and it's really odd. I can't even change the tw-link colors which is bizarre because I could on my old twine story.

Comments

• As explained in the (Harlowe) Certain text-styles not working? thread, there is a CSS bug in the 1.2.1 version of Harlowe. Leon supplies a fix in his comment.
  • Oh alright thanks! I tried the fix and it worked on the web version only.
  • Oh alright thanks! I tried the fix and it worked on the web version only.
    Leon's fix does work when used with the downloadable/installable version of the Twine 2.0.10 application (on Windows at least) if you use the Publish to File option to create a story HTML file and view that file.

The fix does not work if you are using the Test or Play options, it appears the CSS is not compatible with the built-in web-viewer used by the Twine 2 nw.js/node-webkit application.