Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twine 2.1.0 released

It's out!

You can get it from the home page. If you're upgrading (and I imagine most people reading this will be, please read the release notes carefully. There are significant changes from the 2.0 series and although the release has been carefully tested, taking a backup of your work before upgrading is always a good idea.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Umm, your download seems to have a virus - a TR/Dropper virus? At least my Avira Antivirus says so. Ah. It's the 32bit version that has the TR/Dropper.Gen virus for some reason. The 64 bit doesn't have anything. (which is good, since I use 64 bit Win10.)

Just tried to install the latest 64bit, and it apparently cannot open the file Twine 2 to write the TWINE.exe file, but it can do the rest... odd. I'm still trying. The latter 'issue' was probably because of me deleting an old Twine 2 folder. I changed the directory it installed to Twine 2.1 and it worked just fine.

But you should double check the 32-bit one - just in case.
  • Very strange! I built the Windows versions on my Mac using Wine, not a virtual machine, so I don't know how they could have been infected. I'll check when I'm able.
  • Fantastic release @klembot - I couldn't help but become a Patreon :) I've been patiently waiting for this release. Thanks for developing this amazing piece of software.
  • I apologize if this isn't the appropriate spot, but as a new Twine user, I couldn't find where to post bug reports.

With the upgrade, in IE 11 the add passage button didn't seem to work for me. It worked in Chrome, but not IE.
  • @klembot and all the dev dream team : Thank you and Congratulations ! What a great release !
  • ptrader wrote: »
    I couldn't find where to post bug reports.
    On the Issues page of the Twine 2 project's repository, use the Create issue link/button in the top right corner to create a new issue.
  • greyelf wrote: »
    ptrader wrote: »
    I couldn't find where to post bug reports.
    On the Issues page of the Twine 2 project's repository, use the Create issue link/button in the top right corner to create a new issue.

Thanks, I'll go there now!
  • Not sure if this is the place to put this - but, when I create a new link (new link) it doesn't automatically create that new passage for me, I have to do it manually.

Not a huge thing but something I really liked. Is there a way I can fix that?
  • Also in addition to the passage thing, my publish to file is not working. I'm working out of opera, is it a browser thing?
  • @Eunoia : I'm not experiencing any of the issues you listed here. I'm on Win 10 and everything works fine. I just imported all the stories that I've been working on (using SugarCube 2.x format).

I really enjoy the Dark Theme. It was actually something that I really wanted, since I'm working on my stories at around midnight my time.
  • Hello
    Thanks for all that work.
    But under Linux 64, I'm unable to use it. Twine make alternate uses of subfolder Stories and subfolder Histoires (french localisation) No saving of stories or durable import is possible : Twine finally freezes... Do you have such problems with other localized versions than french ? Any idea ?
    I've made an issue ticket.
  • Eunoia wrote: »
    Also in addition to the passage thing, my publish to file is not working. I'm working out of opera, is it a browser thing?
    Which Opera (version (version, 32/64bit) are you using and which Operating System (brand, version, edition if Windows, and 32/64bit) are you running the web-browser on?
  • The faster loading for large stories is very appreciated. But still no integrated spellcheck in the UI. :'(
  • this update could be better. the thing where if you highlight text and then press the mouse-scroller button to paste it has gone. it doesn't really look as good as the old blue one did. the link arrows aren't straight, so it's a bit less clear to see what's going on. you could have added a completely new feature that would actually be useful like a spellcheck.
  • @Deadshot: Twine 2.1.0 is not the most recent version of the application, it may be more helpful if you reviewed v2.1.1 then added these comments and any other observations to Twine 2.1.1 release thread.