Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sugarcube macros help

Hi, I'm trying to use the audio macro for Sugarcube. As far as I know, the macros are built into the format.

As per the Macros page, I put:
<<cacheaudio "alarm" "media/audio/alarm.mp3">>
into the StoryInit passage. However, upon launching the build to test, I get this error:
JavaScript Alert
Apologies! A technical problem has occured. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.
Error [StoryInit]: macro <<cacheaudio>> does not exist.
I have no idea why it's not working, any help would be appreciated! I thought the macros could just be inserted and used, but I must be missing something...

Comments

• edited May 2015
  • All I see is a period for your answer text
  • What version of SugarCube are you using?
  • I was using an older version, but I upgraded to the newest version tonight (1.0.21). Same error occurred with both versions of Sugarcube
  • What version is being reported in the UI bar?
  • Yeah... sorry about that. I had something up there, but then I realized my advice was on the wrong track. This version of forum software doesn't have a delete, that I could see... so I modified it rather than steer you in the wrong direction.

Anyway you have the creator himself helping you now, so.. you are in MUCH more capable hands.

―Sage.
  • Also, what browser (and version) are you using?
  • I checked the sidebar, and it still indicated the older version (hadn't noticed before because text was same colour as UI bar). I found the problem: I hadn't inserted the new Sugarcube folder in the right place. Just got a sound effect to work in my project. It's awesome and can't wait to implement the rest! Thanks for the help in figuring out my mistake