Skip to content
- Broom Cupboard Studios, a digital artist residency in Seattle, WA, released their first game, Detective Corgi and the Mysterious Mansion. It’s filled with spooks!
- Devin Monnens released Twinetroid, a conversion of 1987’s Metroid from the Futabasha Famicom Game Book Series. The gamebook was first translated and then converted into Twine for English-speaking fans to enjoy.
- Jon Sorce released Fall On Your Knees, a game about Christmas, church, and watching the people you love leave you behind. Gameplay includes: counting the stars; having a bad time; doing your best; the end of the world.
- Digg.com released You Are A Digg Editor, in which you play an editor trying to sum up the year.
- Although you’ll need a Netflix subscription to watch/play it, Black Mirror‘s Bandersnatch episode was written in Twine. Wired has a look inside its creation.
- Twine 2.3.0 beta 1 is available for testing. It incorporates a new desktop shell, has new localizations and some fixes related to passages being moved on the story map, and offers a preview of Harlowe 3.0.0.
- SugarCube 2.28.1 has been released. It’s a bugfix release to 2.8.0, which overhauled SugarCube’s audio system and included other features. The release notes go into more detail.
- Konstantin Kitmanov has released Twine Enhancer, a Google Chrome extension that offers some capabilities not built into the main Twine editor. Note that this extension will only affect the web version of Twine, not the desktop apps.
- lunaatone has released Book Club, a post-apocalyptic story about stories.
- Rob Haines’s In Memorium is a Twine adaptation of a short story originally published in a short story anthology named Tales of Eve.
- Pseudavid has made a post-IFComp page for The Master of the Land, which took sixth place in this year’s competition. It’s a historical fantasy set in the early 19th century Mediterranean.
- maybe i’ll figure it out next month is a monthly zine by Violet Elder. The most recent issue takes the form of a spooky Twine game about stopping at a small town on a long road trip.
- Pairidaeza, by Mostafa Haque, is a historic queer romance set in the Abbasid Caliphate.
- Eva Khoury released SandWitching Hour, a short game about a quest for a late-night snack gone weird.
- Conor Walsh has released Six Shots, a western-themed, choice-focused adventure game where you can fire on any screen.
- DWaM released The Vault, an entry in the Ludum Dare 43 game jam, whose theme was “sacrifices must be made.”
Learning Resources & Elsewhere in the IF World
- Damon L. Wakes has recently collected his Twine for Beginners tutorials in one web page.
- Cragne Manor, a parser tribute to the community classic Anchorhead, has been released. It’s an exquisite-corpse style game created by more than 80 people collectively.